What is 4-HO-DPT?
4-HO-DPT is a psilocybin derivative and a structural homologue of psilocin. It is a synthetic compound that is not known to occur in nature. However, in 1990, mushroom researcher Jochen Gartz patented a method for adding DPT to mushroom growth medium which resulted in the mushroom fruiting bodies containing 4-HO-DPT.
Repke et al. were first to report the synthesis of 4-HO-DPT in 1977. Also,Alexander and Ann Shulgin documented their synthesis of it (#20 in TiHKAL), and describe a 20 mg oral dose as “Possible threshold, nothing more.”
It produces few to no effects. However, very little data exists about the pharmacological properties, metabolism, and toxicity of 4-HO-DPT.
Learning About the Chemistry of 4-HO-DPT
Prior to the current results published by Chadeayne et al. in IUCrData, virtually nothing was known about 4-HO-DPT. There has been no research interest in it, and this compounded by the fact that it is difficult to synthesize in the lab. Nevertheless, solving its crystal structure (and that of other bioactive tryptamine molecules) is a pioneering step because it defines the physical identity of 4-HO-DPT. Characterizing this fundamental structure is essential for all downstream research, such as structure-activity relationships that define the biological and clinical properties of the molecule. Understanding these relationships is key to developing effective drugs.
No interaction information for 4-HO-DPT has been documented, thus care should be taken.
- Open eye visuals (OEVs) and Closed eye visuals (CEVs)
- Easygoing headspace
- Mood improvement, euphoria increased sense of humor and Laughter
- Minimal anxiety and music enhancement
- Light to moderate entactogenic effects (e.g. increased appreciation and sense of connection)
- Pleasurable body high (e.g. warm and/or tingling sensations
- GI distress (e.g. stomachache, nausea, indigestion)
- Anxiety, panic, Paranoia and Cold sensations
- Thought loops
- Sweating and increased heart rate and blood pressure
Legality of 4-ho-dpt
Visit other products: 4famb, 4-ho-met, 5-meo-met, 4-aco-dmt, 4-aco-met
There are no reviews yet.